Below is an overview of the homework expectations for Year 6. Homework will be set on a Friday and will need to be completed by the following Thursday.
- Children will be given a piece of reading each week. This will be a paper copy and will focus on comprehension skills. Answers will be posted on Google Classroom for children to self-mark once complete.
- Children should aim to read 20 minutes every day and make a record in their reading record book.
- Children will be given a list of 10 spellings to learn each week. The words will be posted on this page and there will be a weekly quiz on Purple Mash (accessible via Wonde). There will also be a half termly spelling test in school on a selection of the words learnt.
SPaG (Spelling, punctuation & grammar)
- Children will be given a piece of SPaG homework each week. This will be a paper copy and will focus on mixed grammar skills. Answers will be posted on Google Classroom for children to self-mark once complete.
- Children will be set an arithmetic quiz each week on Google Classroom. This will focus on a variety of fluency skills and children will see their score at the end of the quiz.
- We would also encourage children to use Times tables Rockstars at home, to supplement their times table practice.